This is to be a collection without order taken from many papers which I have copied here, hoping afterwards to arrange them according to the subjects to which they treat, and I believe that I shall have to repeat the same thing several times; for which, O reader, blame me not... Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Work Space Questions Answered

I have been asked where is it that I work on projects. Most days I have an easel table set up in the service station that pieces are worked on in between customers, but I do have a semi set-up at home. The dining room holds my architect table, work desk and chair stacked with different types of paper.


The table my husband found at an estate sale, the quilt I made of my family history, desk is always full of drawing books, magazines and business diaries. I am an organizer's nightmare. (The Beatles poster is my husband's). The attached lights are a natural light lamp for drawing and desk lamp if I am reading.

In one of the bedrooms I have a cabinet full of art supplies such as more pencils, watercolour crayons, chalk/oil pastels, oil paints, brushes, etc. Yes I work in graphite...but I always like to dabble in a bit of colour. This room also holds all my matte supplies, camera gear, books, Raggedy Ann dolls and sewing gear. It is pretty packed. All my inspirations are here too; prints of Ros Goody, watercolour of Wattle Flat general store done by a local artist, prints of Cedric Emanuel, oil painting of Bathurst by W. Anderson and oil painting of Tom Roberts by S. Mann.

Our hallway cove is filled with old frames we fix up for the drawings. Craig and the boss find old frames at yard sales and get glass cut to fit. I had to cut them off this summer as there isn't any room and they are falling behind in fixing.

I have two drawing boards that I carry around for park visits with a french easel Craig got me for our 1st Anniversary. They are also used at the service station and carrying around pieces I work on between there and the house.

I hope to have a studio one day to organize and work with effect precision. It would be nice to get more work accomplished without someone talking or the house yelling "clean me".

No comments:

Post a Comment