This is to be a collection without order taken from many papers which I have copied here, hoping afterwards to arrange them according to the subjects to which they treat, and I believe that I shall have to repeat the same thing several times; for which, O reader, blame me not... Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Is it May yet?

It has been a tiring week of train noise and busy work shifts, but through the sleeplessness I did get much accomplished. I cannot wait for my vacation in May to get here for the quiet reflections at my parent's homes.

I have mastered making my own cards with the Swift Publisher, no more printer bills yeah! Now to finding a shop that sells card stock in packets and not individual sheets at expanded pricing.

There are two more dog drawings for the series done: Karen's Miss Molly and Dawn's Baby Rocky. (My scanner is having issues this morning with resolutions, please bear with me). They are so cute, I think I've done them justice with their portraits.




There is also a commission piece complete, another one for Jill....he has such beautiful big eyes and pouty lips that was a joy to draw. My favourite model type.


Craig and the boss have bought me frames from yard sales cheaply, I took two of this this week to decoupaged newspaper around them and lightly painted over that for a bit of a retro look. They are to hold two of my stock photos of old film cameras that I play with. The photos were originally taken to  make a calendar selection on the redbubble site that I sell from. I believe the look will be great for a photographer's room or office. 




Now have to complete another commission for Jill, one for Jenny and there are two of my own pieces sitting on the board to be finished. Hopefully it is another resourceful week, but with more sleep please.

No comments:

Post a Comment