This is to be a collection without order taken from many papers which I have copied here, hoping afterwards to arrange them according to the subjects to which they treat, and I believe that I shall have to repeat the same thing several times; for which, O reader, blame me not... Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I am loving the busy artwork of the year

Yeah, I have gotten our bedroom painted and putting back together finally. Now the train noise is softer but the highway noise is loud again, sigh...I think the hallway is a good halfway point for a bed. Two more rooms to paint and we can get everything back in order, it would be easier if Craig would quit thinking of more electrical holes he wants to put into walls after I get them painted.

New cards, framed stock photos and original 4X6 dog portraits are now setup at the shop. We will see how these are responded to. I am hoping that once the sets of pets are worked up there might be a market some of the local pet shops for sales. Pets have such beautiful expressions in their eyes and demeanour. One more dog portrait complete, I could not resist this cute close-up photo, and it was perfect for pen/ink work.


Vince picked up the two portraits done for Jill. I posted Hunter last week, this week the finished piece is her Dad. This was a fun photo to work up, there is so much expression in his face. The scanning doesn't seem to be doing well for lighter pencil shades, so I have had to tweak it a bit in photoshop. There may be a new scanner in my future that can handle all markings, gotta check the market.


Today I am working on a larger workup for Miss Molly and my little Steptoe cuddled to his teddy bear. There is also a pastel piece for Jenny to finish and what I want to have done for the Springwood Show in August to complete over the next few weeks. Only 6 weeks until we head off to the USA for family visits! We are so excited to get away and Craig to experience the new aspects of another country. I also hope to come back with lots of sketches and photos to work up for future shows and sales. It is an ambitious schedule setup, but there should be enough down time for us to figure out the next stage of our life together. Although we love some aspect of the Blue Mountains, the noise of the highway/trains and lack of secure jobs tells us that we have to move on.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment