This is to be a collection without order taken from many papers which I have copied here, hoping afterwards to arrange them according to the subjects to which they treat, and I believe that I shall have to repeat the same thing several times; for which, O reader, blame me not... Leonardo da Vinci

Friday, March 16, 2012

It has been a full on couple of weeks with birthdays and work, but I am trying to finish too many projects at once has my head spinning. The bedroom walls still have 2 more to paint, bathroom needs a second coat and cleaned, wardrobe and bed of main bedroom need to be scrubbed of mildew and the cleaning has been put off because I can't be bothered.
Then onto the art stuff.... quilt/sewing machine painting is almost complete, Jenny's fishing boys have been started, a dog series of cards to be made, frames to be decorated, matting cut, got 3 more portrait commissions, girl with horse is still sitting on the drawing table and I just finished a piece for Full Metal Jousting calling for drawings. All this on top of a full time job.... I'm tired, but will get it all done. Craig tells me just take one at a time and they will all come together. He is getting a long weekend and will take over the bedroom and bathroom tasks - Yeah!

Full Metal Jousting is a program on the History channel with full contact (no show lances) contests. I interviewed a lovely couple back when I was doing some travel writing and follow them on Facebook (mostly to see the lovely horses) and if I ever pick up another article to get published. One of them posted a call for writing, pictures or drawings for a contest with subject being the program. I thought it would be fun and started....but I didn't realise there was not much time before it was to be turned in. So I rushed through it a bit, but I think it came together alright. There are not that many reference photos of their armour to go by, so I "invented" some of the details.


I asked my friends and family to send me photos of their dogs for a series of cards. My card rack at the service station is getting a bit low so another printing is to be ordered. I keep cards here with my business name printed on back of art pieces I've done that customers have watched me put together and photographs. It is another marketing showcase, that is not a huge money maker but paid for one of my college courses and keeps me in art materials. I hope to one day be able to do a bigger printing to get other shops to carry the line. (Hopefully be a part of a regular income if I ever go full time artist). Here is the first of this series, "Ginger Doll". She is pen/ink with a drawing nib. 


Well the service station is picking up again (Oh yeah)... so that is all for today. I have to start those commissions this weekend and finish something on the house. So will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment