This is to be a collection without order taken from many papers which I have copied here, hoping afterwards to arrange them according to the subjects to which they treat, and I believe that I shall have to repeat the same thing several times; for which, O reader, blame me not... Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Art blogs lessons

To learn the business of art (much less the creation of the art) you have to know what is going on in the market, find inspiration, get practical tips and find what is out there to build the career you dream of. I try to read as many of these sites as the search engine can pull up for me to search through. Many say the same old song and dance, but there are exceptions to every rule.

1. www.workyourart.com
This site have an artist business online course that can be taken, but the blog is a tremendous resource for tips. The latest installation is apps for artists and another talks about the business tactics of the likes of Andy Warhol that I never would have figured him to have employed.

2. www.artsyshark.com
I just found this site through another art blog and finding it quite informative. It is put together for emerging artists and lists great career advice like selling your work, studio hazards and artist insurance options.

3. http://learntoart.wordpress.com
A blog by Miranda Aschenbrenner to help learn art. There are entries for inspiration, how to do an aspect of drawing/painting or business advice. The latest entries I've read are "5 practical tips to get your first gallery show" and "solutions to Online Art Sales".

The Easter break week has been hectic. The hubby was off work so we took a trip to Dubbo, servo has been busy and my fibromyalgia is acting up again. I did manage to get one piece complete, a larger version of Miss Molly for Karen.




I have the afternoon off and if I can get my brain out of fibro fog long enough hope to finish some pieces on the drafting table. It is so cold here I may just curl up under the donner and see if I can get this fibro menace to go back into the dark hole it came from.

One more month until homeward bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment